Opulent Chill is a theme camp created by a participatory group of friends and creators who welcome others to join us to provide a sanctuary for performance art, music, dance, yoga and Chill connections at Burning Man.
Just about anyone is welcome to join as long as you’re able to pay various options of camp dues and can meet our other 4 requirements.
They are being:
3.) are there to help in some form bring the camp vision to fruition
4.) don’t bring drama / can handle your shit at Burning Man.
Sound reasonable? We thought so.
3 Levels of Member Options
1. Creators (This tier now full)
For all these options there are more details which we’ll share and answer at the point it becomes relevant.
What comes with paying dues and joining the camp?
– Showers – we have great camp showers, custom built as a 3 stall unit on a trailer connected to a central water source so you don’t need to bring shower water (everyone does need to bring their own drinking water) and we also take your grey water. You can bring your own sun shower bag for a hot shower.
– Shade – your dues are helping fund the Opulent Chill space which is our central camp shade during the day and provides a communal gathering space for meals and connection with each other and the playa
– Power – We have a functioning grid that you can plug in your RV (so you don’t have to run the internal gennie), or yurt, or power for your tent etc. Plugging into the grid is extra but it’s very reasonable.
– Food / Kitchen – Camp has a self service kitchen with everything one would need to cook a meal – AND- we also have an on site paid meal plan through a vendor – Dubgypsy Kitchen. That menu is HERE. His e mail if you want to sign up for the meal plan is here: firstname.lastname@example.org
– joining a placed camp allows you to know where you’re going when you arrive and not need to deal with land grabs, which may or may not be a relief. We’re at 2 & H with a lovely view of the open playa on our doorstep.
– We got tons of space from BM so your personal camp set up can (within reason) be how you want it to be in terms of lay out and space used (for your own shade area, ‘patio’, hang out area, etc)